Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One Swell Girl





Well this is my "event horse", a term I use lightly considering she has only done a few unrecognized and one recognized. Hope was bred by Marcella Smith of Elk Run Stables, a farm I worked on during my time at James Madison University.

Hope is 3/4 TB and 1/4 Selle Francaise. I went and saw Fair Hill International for my first time a few weeks after my Aunt died. I was hooked. Went back and sold the hunt horse and with some extensive bargaining and payment plans, acquired Hope.

My goal has remained unchanged since I bought Hope. I want to go Training. She is capable of so much more, but at this point in time her rider is not. On a regular occasion she exits her field. Fully blanketed. I have heart palpitations. The last few years have been a series of set-backs and imperfect timing; inability to take lessons regularly because I don't have a rig, finances, injuries (horse and rider), and college, college, college.

Cheers to future updates towards the goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment