Wednesday, October 19, 2011

And the Party Ends

Exhausted is an understatement. Burnt out is closer. Fair Hill International ended on Sunday with some significant changes on the leaderboard. I would be lying if I didn't say I wanted Jan to win. I was front and center for stadium on Sunday as jump crew. Nice horses is an understatement. Incredible is closer. A few that stuck out: Marilyn Little-Meredith , Valerie Vizcarrondo, and Colleen Rutledge.

Throughout the weeks before and the week of the event I was the worker and volunteer of many hats. I set up fencing, unloaded competitor trailers for move-in, delivered shavings, painting, mulching for cross country, working with course builder Eric Bull, answering questions in the information booth, unloading stadium, set-up for stadium, jump crew for stadium, loading stadium, and a few other odds-and-ends. Was it exhausting? Yes. Was it worth it? You betcha! The blog I started was a huge success and received over 10,000 visits during the International! And several EventingNation shout outs.

Life is slowly returning to normalcy. I started the girls back after 9 days off because of Fair Hill. So far so good. Hope is prepping for Plantation Fields starter Novice next week, Rose is adjusting to Fall weather and rideability, and Grace is cantering jumps!

I love my stud colt. I love walking him. and the expression on his face at feeding time. and his eager to learn and please personality. and his giant and shiny body. and his steadily improving manners. and his start to lunging . . .

The most exciting news is that I somehow managed to get all necessary materials in on time for the Worth the Trust Educational Scholarship. I found out about the opportunity the week of Fair Hill and managed to start it Sunday night and mail it Monday. There was a volunteer section that needed signatures and who did I see on Saturday? Why no other than Lucinda Green herself. So she provided her signature for the hours I gave at her clinic in August. Too cool! I will be praying with every ounce of my being that I am chosen as the recipient for this award. It would be such a life-changing opportunity.

Well the rain is falling, along with temperatures, and I am still trying to catch up on sleep. On that note, good night and cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment